City of Irvine is a nice place. There are many reasons and benefits to choosing a comprehensive team for your spine treatment. Every patient experiences pain differently – even two patients with the same exact condition. Along the same lines, the treatment program that works for one patient may not work for another. By having a comprehensive team of specialists working together, a patient’s treatment plan is developed to each one’s specific needs. When all specialists are under one roof, treatment is coordinated so that all of the specialists involved are always up-to-date on the care regimen and status of a patients care. Irvine Spine surgeon are specialist who deals with your back
Comprehensive care teams usually include specialists from a variety of fields that may include: pain management, pain psychology, spine surgeon, neurosurgeons or orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, physical therapists, acupuncturists, occupational therapists as well as soft tissue massage therapists. The team also may include support staff that is an integral part of the team such as physicians assistants, medical assistants, nurses, and administrative support staff. You can find out more by visiting an Irvine spine clinic and asking them yourself.
The main goal of a comprehensive team is to provide the least invasive care with the highest rate of success in treating a patients pain and underlying conditions in order to help patients return to their best possible level of activity that allows them to regain control of their life. These types of treatment programs require the patient be actively involved with their team’s plan and recommendations as well as adhere to the guidelines of the program. This enables the patient to have a level of responsibility for their own treatment outcome.
Every part of the comprehensive spine care or pain management team has specific roles and work together to ensure that each patient has a unique plan based on their individual needs.
• Pain Management Physicians: specialize in the use of interventional options and procedures such as epidural steroid injections, nerve blocks, implantable devices, and the use of opiod and non-opiod pain medications to treat pain.
• Pain Psychologists: specialize in the affects of pain such as depression, anxiety, coping as well as evaluation of treatment options for the patient.
• Chiropractors: specialize in the treatment of full body wellness and are focused on keeping the body in alignment which may help relieve pressure on nerves that may be creating the pain.
• Physical Therapists: specialize in helping people learn to build the strength in order to accomplish their daily tasks.
• Massage Therapists: specialize in the release of tension and stress that may increase pain in various areas of the neck and spine.
• Ortho & Neuro Surgeons: specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of the underlying cause of the pain. They are the experts that perform surgery if all other levels of conservative care fail.
By combining all of these modalities the patient is guaranteed to receive comprehensive care from specialists who can bring different perspectives to the treatment plan however the team has the same goal. Getting patients back to a pain free active life is the ultimate goal of a comprehensive spine care team.